P0495 - OBD Trouble Code
OBD Code P0495 - Fan Speed High
The trouble code P0495 can be defined as Fan Speed High. This fault code would be stored in when the PCM would detect a voltage reading which is too high from the electric cooling fan control circuit.
Learn More About OBD Error Code P0495
Want to learn something more about this fault code? The powertrain control module makes sure to gather the data from the cooling fan control system circuit in order to ensure that the engine temperature remains at the correct level and the air conditioner system works when it has been turned on. This diagnostic fault code is a generic powertrain code, which means that it would apply to the OBD-II equipped vehicles. The specific repair steps can vary as it depends upon the vehicle make and model.
What causes this problem with the Fan Speed High?
- There can be some defects in the cooling fan clutch
- Flaws in the engine coolant temperature sensor
- Defaults in the cooling fan control unit
- Issue of loose or corroded electrical connectors
electrical wiring might be opened or shorted
Replace/Repair These Parts To Fix OBD Code P0495
- Electronic Control Unit - The P0495 code can also arise due to some issues in Electronic Control Unit. So, it is advised to replace them as soon as possible.
- Engine Control Module - Do you remember when was the last time you got your car engine control module checked up? A damaged engine control module can cause a lot of issues like displaying P0495 code.
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor is an important car part which should never be neglected. May be there is some fault in it due to which P0495 code may start flashing.
- Powertrain Control Module - Is your Powertrain Control Module damaged or broken? Don’t worry as we have solutions for all your problems.
- Air Intake Temperature Sensor - Everything is okay with the Powertrain Control Module and still OBD code P0495 triggering? Then there must be some defects in Air Intake Temperature Sensor. Replace them as soon as possible.
Symptoms Of OBD Error Code P0495
Willing to know some common symptoms of OBD Trouble Code P0495? Your wish is our demand. Have a look at them below:
The engine might overheat
The check engine light can start flashing up
Air conditioner may not work as properly
How To Correct P0495 Fan Speed High
If you wish to correct this fault code, then you have to follow certain steps. Correcting a problem needs your careful attention. Here are some ways with the help of which you will be able to correct the OBD Code P0495:
- You can always replace a malfunctioning cooling fan motor
- Carefully replace the faulty cooling fan relay
- If there is any open or shorted electrical wiring, then you can always repair it
- Restore a faulty cooling fan clutch
- Make sure to replace the cooling fan control unit
- Repair any loose or corroded electrical connectors
- The defective engine coolant temperature sensor should be replacing properly
There is no need to be anxious as Parts Avatar – Car Parts Online is here to help you out! We have high grade Fan Clutch, Cooling Fan Relay, Flywheel, Antifreeze Coolant, Body Control Module and a lot more for our precious customers.
Easy Diagnosis Of Engine Error OBD Code P0495
If you want to easily diagnose this fault code, then all you have to do is to follow the steps which are mentioned below:
- Carefully verify the P0495 code with an OBD-II scanner, the mechanic should begin with a visual inspection of all wiring and other electrical components, as well as vacuum lines and hoses. Any simple electrical issues, such as loose or shorted elements, should be repaired or replaced as per the requirement
- After this, or any repair, it is important to clear the code from the PCM and retest the system carefully
- Now if the code returns, then the mechanic should move on to manually testing the voltage of the primary cooling fan motor.
- The next step is to check the voltage readings of the engine cooling fan relay. If either of these parts are not meeting the manufacturer’s specifications, then they should be surely replaced
Common Mistakes When Diagnosing The P0495 Code
- Most of the people make a common mistake when diagnosing and repairing this code is to replace a cooling fan motor without actually performing a thorough diagnostic procedure of the entire system
- One part that is often recalled is the cooling fan relay and may therefore be the true issue. So keep this in mind that it is important to diagnose all possible problems before you start replacing any other parts