You Should Know This About Your Car Bumpers & Valances
What Are Bumpers & Valances?
A bumper valance is a car body constituent
which is located below the bumper so that there can be smooth out the body
lines, rise in aerodynamics, as well as incorporate various fog lights or
exhaust pieces seamlessly into the flow of the vehicle’s contours. The bumper
valances are generally made up of sturdy lightweight plastics as well as custom
moulded so that they can fit directly onto each specific model. There can be
variances for the same model because there are options like fog lights or
different trim packages. The valance might be a substantive body component
which would cover a large portion of the automobile’s sub frame. There can be
some cases, where a bumper valance would be nothing more than a short filler
panel. There can be some older automobiles, where it is very common to find
metal valances like steel or chrome.
Where Bumper & Valance Is Located?
- The valance panels can be situated on the front and/or rear of cars as well as trucks from almost any era. It totally depends upon the level of aerodynamic efficiency that an automaker was striving for, a valance panel might be a narrow trim piece that would be placed low to direct airflow in the same fashion that an air dam does. A valance panel might be a larger piece which would feature an integrated airflow lip at the bottom.
- There are some cases, where there would be two separate valance panel pieces in the front or rear - one for the passenger side and then the other one on the driver side. They are the only partial pieces, which generally do not cover the full width of the vehicle. Instead of that they are positioned to the corners only. The valance panels are also generally known as "bumper valances", "lower valance panels", "front lower bumper trim plates", or even "front lips".
- There can be some cases, where the valance panels might not enhance aerodynamics at all. There might be simple cover pieces which would otherwise be exposed. Now in the front, it can effectively cover as well as protect the lower part of the radiator. Now in the rear, the valance panel might bridge the gap between dual exhaust pipes which are situated on the opposite corners of the automobile.
Types Of Bumpers & Valances
Are you searching for the different types of bumper valance? Then don’t worry! All you have to do is to have a look below and then all your doubts regarding its types would be cleared.
There are two types of bumpers & valances, so let’s have a look at them:
- Front Bumpers & Valances
- Rear Bumpers & Valances
Material Used In Bumpers & Valances
Now apart from the location, there would be a need to consider the material of your valance. It is generally available in the following forms:
- Plastic - It is lightweight but wears out faster in comparison to other types.
- Aluminum - It can be extremely durable and ideal for large automobiles.
- Steel - It is tough but heavier in terms of weight.
- Urethane - It can easily withstand the extreme temperature changes.
If you are searching for everyday street applications, then it is recommended to use the plastic valance. If it would wear out faster than the others, then its light weight would not affect the overall functionality of your ride in comparison to the other heavier types.
Important Features Of Bumpers & Valances
Do you want to know the essential features of bumper valance? Then you have arrived at the right place. Have a look below to know the important features of bumper valance:
- An accessory which would protect the car bumpers from dirt, debris, mud splashes, and other stuff which would damage the vehicle's exteriors is known as a valance.
How The Bumpers & Valances Works?
Are you searching how do the bumper valance actually work? Then all you have to do is to have a look below and then you will be able to understand everything.
- It is a protective accessory which is attached to the front as well as rear bumpers. The vehicle is protected from dirt, dust, debris, mud splashes, and other damage-causing elements that you might encounter while driving on the road. If you use your car a lot for the off-road applications, then this accessory would be the best for you. It provides a lot of protection to your vehicle and at the same time you can achieve a brand-new look for your automobile with the help of this component.
- All the constituents which are attached to the automobile carry a lot of important functions. Some of its functions are not as essential as compared to the others, they nonetheless provide something useful for your ride. One of its constituents is the valence. It is generally a panel which is utilized to conceal the structural detail in an automobile. Although it won’t contribute to the overall performance of the car engine, but it improves the overall appearance of the car by making it look sleeker. It would work really well when you want your ride to sport a lowered stance. Other than improving the aesthetic value of your car, this part can be utilized to install additional car parts. There are some of these devices which might be an additional set of fog lights or an extra grille which could have provided an additional cooling and air flow.
- Now since this accessory is installed in the front or rear of the automobile, it would be exposed to the road debris as well as differing weather conditions. So now to ensure that its quality would not deteriorate quickly, then premium materials like metal were utilized to construct them. The utilization of these materials would keep them from incurring dents when hit by debris. Now on top of that, a direct-fit design would be given to the component which would make the process of installation quick as well as hassle-free. The need to make unnecessary modifications would be eliminated by this design so that it can fit perfectly during set-up. The vehicle's appearance would be enhanced by the valance by covering structural details and then providing extra space to install additional accessories.
Purpose Of Bumpers & Valances
It is an accessory which would protect the bumpers from dirt, debris, mud splashes, and other stuff that might cause damage to the exterior of your vehicle. Other than that, it is a component which can be added to give your ride that stylish, new look which you have always craved for. Now if you would be sporting a worn-out or defective valance on your vehicle, then the best thing which can be done would be to replace it right away to prevent the car bumper from getting defected. The valance would be generally available in a lot of materials like aluminum, steel, urethane, and plastic.
Tools Needed For Bumpers & Valances
Are you thinking of repairing your Bumpers & Valances on your own? Then there is one thing which you must have, that is the right tools needed for repairing your Bumpers & Valances. It is essential to make sure that you are outfitted with the right tools to get the work done properly. Have a look at some tools which you might need to get started with your repair work: -
- Flathead screwdriver
- New valance
- Microfiber towel
- Rubbing alcohol
Top Brands in Bumpers & Valances
When it comes to vehicle owner’s choice, the brands really matter a lot. You might pay a premium for a specific car part brand, over time, as it has created a perception of quality, stability as well as trust. There are some leading car parts brands which are more than just products or services as they give rise to memories and emotions related with the quality. So have a look at some of the top brands for Bumpers & Valances.
Total Costs & Repair Times, Effort For Bumpers & Valances
More than any other kind of failure in a car, there's almost nothing that's quite as heart-breaking as a completely damaged Bumpers & Valances. Now when we talk about the replacement cost, it might vary a lot even on the same car depending upon its performance, labor cost, brand etc.
More often than not, a typical set of valances will cost you about 100 to 250 USD. To make sure you get your money's worth, don't forget to buy from reliable brands such as Replacement
How To Change Bumpers & Valances?
Do you want to change your bumper valance on your own? Then have a look at the steps of changing the bumper valance below:
Now before you get started, then it is essential to make sure that your automobile should be parked on a flat level surface. You should also see that your parking brakes should be set so that they can prevent the automobile from rolling while you would be working underneath it.
Firstly you should slide under your car and should then locate the plastic clips which would be connecting to your valance to your automobile. They are generally situated at the back side of the bumper.
Now once they have been located, then a flathead screwdriver should be used to pry out the clips off of your bumper. Now once the clips have been fully removed, then it is essential to carefully take out the valance from the bumper by pulling it down.
Now before you start installing the brand new valance, then it is essential to clean the surface of the bumper by utilizing the microfiber towel which would be smothered with rubbing alcohol. The bumper should be cleaned thoroughly so that your new valance would be able to attach easily.
Now once the bumper has been cleaned properly, then you should get your replacement valance and it should be positioned beneath your bumper. If you are satisfied with its placement, then it should be pushed onto your bumper.
If you want to secure its connection, then it should be slid back under your car and then the screwdriver should be prepared as well as pliers so that you can install the plastic clips which would come with the new valance.